Hello All you beautiful people out there!
So you guys know this about me, I am always on the look out for the most budget friendly, yet amazing beauty products. Like I literally just trawl shops looking for the next big thing in cheap beauty.
So last week, I decided to try out a new FOUNDATION!! Its by Essence cosmetics and is from their All About Matt range. I have seen this foundation plenty of times and walked past it simply because they never had any shades for us chocolate ladies. So when I saw they had some chocolate friendly shades, I grabbed both shades that I saw, Mahogany and Caramel. I wasn’t sure which shade would work for me so I got both.
So here is the tea on this Foundation…
1. It is so matte, I love this. I have been using it without a mattifying primer, only a normal silicone primer but I still get that matte look that lasts for hours.
2. It is genuinely long-lasting. If my skin wasn’t so oily I am pretty sure it could last the professed 12 hours.
3. The cover is sheer to medium, which is okay for me as I don’t really require a lot of coverage. I wouldn’t confidently say it is buildable because you might just end up with a cake face (not sexy!!).
4. It is super affordable, like I paid N$68-00 for it in Clicks. That if y’all don’t know is affordable spelt in money!!
I figured all this would be too good to believe so I have the picture evidence (Think #twitpic so we know it’s real):
So these are a few snaps of me before I applied any makeup, I literally just washed my face, applied moisturizer and some lip butter to my lips (Shout out to Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Products)
This is after I had applied the foundation (Mahogany was the best match, Caramel was too light…) and hooked up my brows (though they were being extremely unruly). I applied some LA Girl Pro Concealer in Toffee under my eyes as I was being that girl with the dark circles (eek!) I applied a mixture of a nude MAC Viva Glam Gaga Lip glass and Elizabeth Arden’s Lipgloss in Rose Gold to my lips.
Then I got carried away and decided to add some colour and by colour I only mean this Wet n Wild lipstick called Sugar Plum Fairy and a little bit of blush to my cheeks. I wasn’t doing a full face makeup tutorial or anything so my makeup is super minimal, I don’t even have mascara on!!
So there you have it lovelies, We HEART Essence cosmetics All About Matte Foundation. Here is a picture of the product:
* I teamed this foundation with the Gosh Cosmetics Silicone Primer.
** Essence cosmetics are available in WIndhoek at Clicks Stores and Dis-Chem Stores.